D211 Post: Hoffman Estates HS Teacher a finalist for Illinois Teacher of the Year, and District 211 represented among I.S.B.E. 2019 Those Who Excel award recipients
High School District 211 is poised to be well-represented among recipients in the Illinois State Board of Education’s 2019 Those Who Excel education awards program. In addition to recipients in all seven award categories, Hoffman Estates High School Science Teacher Tanya Katovich is one of the 10 finalists for the state’s prestigious Illinois Teacher of the Year award. Ms. Katovich has been a science teacher in High School District 211 since 1994, including teaching at Hoffman Estates High School since 2011. The State Board annually sponsors the Those Who Excel awards to honor individuals who have made significant contributions to the state’s public and non-public schools.
High School District 211 Those Who Excel award candidates include:
• Hoffman Estates High School Science Teacher Tanya Katovich (classroom teacher category and Illinois Teacher of the Year finalist)
• Palatine High School Social Worker Deana Havens (student support personnel category)
• Schaumburg High School Instructional Development Team (team category): Alina Morelli-Baima, Jason Campbell, Russell Cumings, Brian Curtin, Donald Davis, Yassila Delgado, Gabrielle Giuliano, Matthew Gruszka, Adam Koschnitzke, Enrico Matarazzo, Megan Moran, Michele Napier, Jeffrey O’Brien, Aaron Phillips, and Scott Weidig
• Fremd High School Mathematics Teacher Ashley Krippinger (early career educator category)
• Conant High School Assistant Principal Mark Langer (administrator category)
• Schaumburg High School Building & Grounds Manager John Woods (educational service personnel category)
• Community Volunteer Susan Cates (community volunteer category)
Those Who Excel award recipients will be honored by the Illinois State Board of Education, and the Illinois Teacher of the Year announced, at the 45th-annual Those Who Excel awards banquet on Saturday, October 19, in Normal, Ill.
For more on the Those Who Excel program visit https://www.isbe.net/Pages/Those-who-excel.aspx.