District 211 Student Committee Preps to Introduce ‘Digital Democracy’ to Peers
Several District 211 students from each high school collaborated on a Digital Democracy Committee, a student-led group to discuss, create awareness, and develop expectations for best practices and behavior while using technology both in and outside of the classroom. Students in District 211 will introduce these guidelines in a presentation on Sept. 11.
The group designed the follow declarative statements to encourage positive behaviors while using technology:
- Think before posting.
- Abide by classroom technology expectations.
- Use personal social apps and games outside of class time.
- Ask before you share pictures, take video or record another person.
- Be original, be honest, avoid cheating.
- Remember, your iPad is school issued. Keep it clean.
Please watch the Digital Democracy trailer below created by the committee. Make sure to check the D211 Post for Digital Democracy updates.