1 result for tag: Energy Savings


District 211 Reaches $9 Million in Energy Cost Savings

As District 211 continues its energy saving efforts into the new year, data from utility invoices showed the District saw its highest energy cost savings within an eight-year period. With a 31 percent reduction in natural gas usage and 32 percent reduction in electricity consumption, the District has saved more than $9 million. From December 2011 through November 2012, the savings totaled more than $1.2 million. “We rely on cooperation of everyone in the District to be mindful of shutting things down, and that counts for about 25 percent of our savings,” said Reece Thome, District 211’s energy manager. “The other 75 percent comes ...