D211 Post: High School District 211 to be represented among I.S.B.E. 2018 Those Who Excel award recipients
Township High School District 211 is poised to be well-represented among recipients in the Illinois State Board of Education’s 2018 Those Who Excel education awards program. Additionally, Fremd High School Social Studies Teacher Dr. LoriAnne Frieri has been named among the 10 finalists for Illinois Teacher of the Year. The State Board annually sponsors the Those Who Excel awards to honor individuals who have made significant contributions to the state’s public and non-public schools.
High School District 211 Those Who Excel award candidates include (listed alphabetically):
• Board of Education President Mucia Burke (school board member category)
• Schaumburg High School Student Services Director Yassila Delgado (administrator category)
• William Fremd High School Social Studies Teacher LoriAnne Frieri (classroom teacher category)
• Palatine High School Homeroom Team (team category): Jessica Aulisio, Brittany Berleman, Jeanne Hedgepeth, Erin Lu-zadder, Erin Mahoney, Thomas Mocon, James Nowak, Fred Rasmussen, Joyce Richardson, Leslie Schock, and Claudia Sierra-Sokop
• Palatine High School Family and Consumer Sciences Teacher Emily Pilguy (early career educator category)
• James B. Conant High School Nurse Dawna Smeltzer (student support personnel category)
• Hoffman Estates High School Counselor Andrew Wulbecker (educational service personnel category)
The Illinois Teacher of the Year will be named and Those Who Excel award recipients will be honored by the Illinois State Board of Education at the 44th-annual Those Who Excel awards banquet on Saturday, October 20, in Normal, Ill.