District 211 Schools Extend Media Center Hours for AP Preparation
Starting this week, District 211 schools have extended media center hours and special studying sessions to help students prepare for Advanced Placement (AP) exams. Below is a list of each school’s schedule and events.
- Fremd High School will have extended hours Monday through Thursday from May 1 – May 4 and May 8 – May 11. Due to renovation work being done in the media center, the school’s media center is temporarily relocated to Room 164 and will be open until 8 p.m.
- Hoffman Estates High School will also have extended hours Monday through Thursday from May 1 – May 4 and May 8 – May 11. The media center will stay open until 9 p.m.
- Conant High School will have extended hours May 1 – May 23. The media center will be open Monday through Thursday until 9 p.m.
- Palatine High School will cover different subjects each day. The schedule is as follows:
- May 2: AP Physics 2
- May 3: Calc AB
- May 4: AP Biology
- May 8: AP Calculus
- May 9: AP World
- May 10: AP Stats
- Schaumburg High School will also feature different subjects each day of the week. May 1 – May 12 the media center will be open from 5 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. The schedule is as follows:
- May 2: English Literature and Composition, Physics 2: Algebra-Based, and Computer Science Principles.
- May 3: US Government and Politics (7:00-8:30 p.m. only), Chinese Language and Culture, and AP Seminar.
- May 4: US History, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Biology, and Physics C: Mechanics and Electricity & Magnetism
- May 8: French Language and Culture
- May 9: English Language and Composition, Macroeconomics
- May 10: Statistics
- May 11: Human Geography, and European History
For more information about extended media center hours at each school, please contact your student’s high school.